ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and other management system standards require a systematic approach to applying corrective and preventive action. If done properly, this serves as a powerful tool for managing risk and reducing the potentially high levels of costs caused by internal and external failures.
This 1-day course provides practical guidance on managing corrective and preventive action wherever and however opportunities for improvement are identified.
Who should attend
- Management System Managers who are required to ensure that compliance with relevant ISO standards
- Compliance Managers and Risk Managers.
- Managers who wish to permanently eliminate problems with products or services within their sphere of control.
- Auditors who wish to improve their ability to assess corrective and preventive action during their audits.
- Participants will be able to apply an effective approach to address actual and potential problems found within their organisation and at the interfaces with their suppliers and other key stakeholders.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to harness employee’s knowledge to improve compliance and reduce costs which will see year on year improvement.
- Sources of problems
- Counting the costs of failure
- The CAPA process
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Applying a risk-based approach
- Managing corrective and preventive action
- Reporting success to senior management
- More advanced tools for continual improvement
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, examples and team-based exercises. Each participant who completes the course will receive a course manual and certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses