This 1-day course enables participants to develop and maintain a programme of environmental objectives. This is a fundamental requirement of ISO 14001:2015 and provides the engine within an Environmental Management System (EMS) for powering and directing continual improvement in an organisation’s environmental performance.
Who should attend
- EMS Managers who wish to establish an effective environmental improvement programme.
- Managers who may be required to set and achieve environmental objectives within their areas of responsibilities.
- EMS Auditors who wish to have a clear understanding of good practice in managing an environmental improvement programme.
- Participants will understand and apply sound methods for setting environmental objectives and targets and reviewing performance against them.
- Sponsor organisations will acquire a programme for driving environmental performance to achieve year on year improvement.
- Environmental policy and its deployment
- ISO 14001:2015 requirements for an improvement
- Sources of information and inspiration for improvement
- Selecting and setting environmental objectives
- Setting performance measures
- Making sure the programme works
- Reviewing performance against the programme
- Avoiding common problems with programmes
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and exercises. Each participant will receive a course manual and, following successful completion, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses