ISO/IEC 17025 ‘General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories’ specifies general requirements which are used as the basis for independent accreditation. The standard provides criteria for establishing an effective Laboratory Quality Management System which provides confidence in results and a structured basis for ongoing performance improvement.
This course gives guidance on establishing a successful internal audit programme and shows how to carry out every stage of an audit effectively within a laboratory in an ISO/IEC 17025 context.
It comprises a series of interactive tutorials and workshops which provide a brief overview of the content of ISO/IEC 17025 and an in-depth coverage of how to conduct effective laboratory management systems internal audits.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Quality Managers who seek audit skills.
- Laboratory and associated staff who will be carrying out internal audits. While some knowledge of the standard is preferable, no previous audit experience is required.
- Auditors who wish to upgrade their audit skills to cover laboratory audits, particularly in an accredited environment.
- Non-auditors who wish to understand audit and its benefits and to be prepared receive an audit.
- Participants will be able to perform effective internal audits against the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to establish an audit programme which will help to minimise risk, identify improvements and reduce avoidable costs.
- Quality management and the need for audit
- Overview of ISO/IEC 17025
- Establishing an audit programme
- Selecting and training internal auditors
- Planning an audit
- Preparing audit checklists
- Performing an audit
- Reporting audit findings
- Reviewing and verifying corrective action
- Dealing with difficult audit situations
- Auditing for improvement
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, examples and team-based exercises. Each participant will receive a set of course notes and, on successful completion, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses