ISO/IEC 17025 ‘General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories’ specifies general requirements which are used as the basis for independent accreditation. The standard provides criteria for establishing an effective Laboratory Quality Management System which provides confidence in results and a structured basis for ongoing performance improvement.
This course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and workshops which describes the context and content of ISO/IEC 17025, giving an understanding of the requirements and how they may be applied.
Who should attend
Anyone whose role requires them to have an understanding of ISO/IEC 17025, including:
- Senior managers of laboratory functions.
- Managers with direct responsibility for co-ordinating Laboratory Management System development and implementation.
- Laboratory staff and associated personnel working, or planning to work in an accredited or ISO/IEC 17025 compliant laboratory.
- Quality practitioners who need to understand the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
Internal and external QMS auditors who may be required to audit against ISO/IEC 17025.
The content is relevant to organisations which have ISO/IEC accreditation and to those which are in the process of seeking accreditation.
- Participants will be able to understand the requirements of the standard as relating to their own laboratories.
- Sponsor organisations will know what they should be doing to achieve or enhance their compliance with ISO/IEC 17025.
- Quality management and improvement overview
- Relationship between ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 17025
- The differences between accreditation and certification
- The requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Laboratory Management System documentation
- Steps in implementing ISO/IEC 17025
- Achieving ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, examples and team-based exercises. Each participant will receive a set of course notes and, on successful completion, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses