ISO 9001 requires organisations to audit their Quality Management System (QMS) and to use audit as a means of generating continual improvement. Internal audit should be more than a super-checking activity. If done well, it should provide a handsome return on investment. Managers should value audit findings.
The 2 day ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Course gives guidance on establishing a successful internal audit programme and shows how to carry out every stage of an audit effectively.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Quality Management System Managers who seek key skills for this important role.
- Employees who will be carrying internal audits. No previous audit experience is required.
- Non-auditors who want to understand audit and its benefits.
This should also be seen as a first step in training for those who may, in the future, audit suppliers or be required to perform safety or environmental audits.
- Participants will be able to perform internal audits effectively and confidently.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to establish an audit programme which will help to minimise risk and reduce avoidable costs.
- Successful completion of the course will satisfy a key training requirement for becoming an IRCA-certified Internal QMS Auditor.
- Management systems and the need for audit
- The PDCA cycle and its relevance to QMS and internal audit
- Establishing an audit programme
- Selecting and training internal auditors
- Planning an audit
- Performing an audit
- Reporting audit findings
- Verifying corrective action
- Dealing with difficult audit situations
- Auditing for improvement
The 2 day ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and team-based exercises taking participants through every step of the audit process. Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes examples of typical audit documentation.
Terms and conditions for our public courses