ISO 55001 provides a model for developing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an Asset Management System. It offers top management a powerful means of systematically maximising value and achieving an organisation’s strategic objectives over the whole life cycle of its assets. This brief is designed to be delivered in-house to give management a clear understanding of the purpose of ISO 55001, its logical structure and what an organisation needs to do obtain significant and sustainable benefits.
Who should attend
Managers who wish to obtain a clear understanding of what needs to be done to implement ISO 55001 successfully within their business and achieve first time certification. At the end of the brief, they should be able to discuss and answer the questions “ISO 55001 is right for us?” and “Would ISO 55001 certification add still more value to our business?”.
- Attendees will have a clear understanding of the intent and structure of the ISO 55001 and the elements of ISO 55001 which make it so powerful.
- The knowledge gained will enable them to make informed decisions about the implementation of ISO 55001 in their organisation..
- Purpose of ISO 55001
- Successes of PAS 55 which led to the development of ISO 55001
- Scope of application of ISO 55001
- Structure and rationale of ISO 55001
- Outline of key ISO 55001 requirements
- Relationship between ISO 55001 and standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Practical considerations for implementing ISO 55001
- Challenges and potential benefits
- Achieving first time certification to ISO 55001
- The future of ISO 55001 globally
This half-day brief comprises an illustrated presentation and discussion relevant to the client’s business and assets. Each participant will receive a written summary.
Terms and conditions for our public courses