This course takes participants step by step through a process of developing an Asset Management System in line with ISO 55001. It concentrates on those parts of ISO 55001 which most organisations will find most challenging, but which also offer the greatest benefits in terms of optimising and sustaining their performance.
Training applies accelerated learning techniques in a series of practical, team-based workshops.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Management System Managers and others who may have an active role in leading their organisation or site towards achieving ISO 55001 certification.
- Operations and maintenance managers who wish to have a practical understanding ISO 55001’s requirements for managing assets over the whole of their life cycle.
- Risk managers, contingency planners, document and data managers and others who wish to understand in practical terms their role in applying the “joined up thinking” approach of ISO 55001.
- Individuals who require a practical understanding of ISO 55001 in order to support the development of an Asset Management System in their organisation.
- Participants will have a clear and practical understanding of how to plan and undertake Asset Management System development in line with ISO 55001 requirements.
- Sponsor organisations will have employees in key roles to with knowledge to enable ISO 55001 to be implemented and motivation based on understanding of the potential benefits.
- What is asset management?
- Types and levels of assets
- Interpreting ISO 55001 requirements for your organisation
- Planning the Asset Management System
- Asset Management Policy and its deployment
- Developing asset management strategy, objectives and plans
- Asset management enablers and controls
- Monitoring and evaluating performance
- Optimisation throughout the asset life cycle
- Managing risk through an holistic approach
- Managing asset information and knowledge
- Contingency planning
- Investigating asset-related failure
- Communication, participation, consultation an and other key requirements
- Audit, review and other processes for continual improvement
This 2-day course comprises a series of engaging lectures, discussions and practical exercises. Each participant who fully completes the course will receive course notes and a certificate of attendance.
Terms and conditions for our public courses