This course is intended for individuals who have been previously trained to audit management systems against standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and also PAS 55, the specification which preceded the ISO 55000 series of standards for Asset Management Systems.
This training will enable participants to carry out effective audits of Asset Management System against ISO 55001 audit criteria. Learning will focus on key requirements of ISO 55001 from an audit perspective.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Asset Management System Managers who seek key skills for this important role.
- Asset management specialists who wish to be able to carry out assessments and gap analyses against ISO 55001.
- Project managers, risk managers and others whose who have a significant stake in asset management and who wish to be able to audit key contractors against ISO 55001.
- Management consultants and third party auditors who wish to qualify themselves to carry out audits against ISO 55001.
- Participants will have a clear and practical understanding of how to plan and undertake Asset Management System audits in line with ISO 55001 requirements.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to acquire the resources to perform internal and external audits against ISO 55001 to verify compliance, minimise risk to the business and reduce avoidable costs.
- Principles and practices of asset management
- The origin and aims of the ISO 55000 series
- Differences between ISO 55001 and PAS 55
- Defining the organisation, its context and the key issues
- Asset management policy and its deployment
- Structure of an Asset Management System
- Asset management strategy development and the Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP)
- Setting asset management objectives and managing objectives
- Identifying and managing risks
- Achieving optimised asset management
- Managing information – control and use of documentation and data
- Evaluating the key documents as required by ISO 55001
- Auditing operational control and improvement
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and team-based exercises taking participants through key ISO 55001 requirements in the context of audit. Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes examples of typical audit documentation. A certificate will be awarded following satisfactory completion.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
Terms and conditions for our public courses