Participants will learn a step-by-step a process of developing an Energy Management System (EnMS) in line with ISO 50001. Training concentrates on those parts of ISO 50001 which most organisations will find most challenging, but which also offer the greatest benefits in terms of optimising and sustaining their energy performance.
The course applies accelerated learning techniques in a series of practical, team-based workshops.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Energy Management System Managers who may be assigned to lead their organisation or site towards achieving ISO 50001 certification.
- Operations and maintenance managers, plant managers, facility managers and others who wish to have a practical understanding ISO 50001’s requirements for achieving and sustaining improved energy performance.
- Members of the Energy Team and others who require a practical understanding of ISO 50001 in order to support the development of an Energy Management System in their organisation.
- Participants will have a clear and practical understanding of how to plan and undertake Energy Management System development in line with ISO 50001 requirements.
- Sponsor organisations will have employees in key roles with knowledge to enable ISO 50001 to be implemented and buy-in based on understanding of the potential benefits.
- Purpose and structure of ISO 50001
- Opportunities for improving energy efficiency and an organisation’s energy performance
- Interpreting ISO 50001 requirements for your organisation
- Planning the Energy Management System
- Creating the Energy Management Policy and energy strategy
- Planning and conducting an Energy Review
- Establishing the energy baseline
- Setting energy objectives, targets and energy performance indicators (EnPi)
- Using Energy Action Plans to drive improved efficiencies and cost savings
- Considering energy management in the design of processes, facilities and other infrastructure
- Achieving energy savings through purchased goods, works and services
- Using ISO 50001 to demonstrate compliance with ESOS and other energy legislation
- Integrating the EnMS with other management systems
- Process leading to first time certification to ISO 50001
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and practical exercises. Each participant will receive a set of course notes and, on completion of the course, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses