ISO 50001 Foundation Training Course
ISO 50001 provides organisations with a systematic means of developing and implementing an Energy Management System (EnMS). It defines requirements which, if addressed effectively, will deliver real benefits to the organisation. These include: significant savings in energy costs, reduced carbon footprint, demonstrated compliance with current energy regulations and adaptability to future changes in carbon levies.
This course provides understanding of ISO 50001 requirements and how they can be met.
Who should attend
- Management System Managers who have been appointed to co-ordinate implementation of ISO 50001 and need to know what needs to be done to make it successful.
- Members of the Energy Team whose dedication to the task rests in part on having a clear understanding of ISO 50001 and how it is designed to achieve improved energy performance.
- Individuals who will be involved in developing appropriate energy management strategies, action plans, programmes and procedures to meet ISO 50001 requirements within their own areas.
- Individuals who wish to familiarise themselves with ISO 50001 as preparation for skills-based courses for system development or auditing.
- All participants will have a clear appreciation of what ISO 50001 is and how it can be used by their organisation to achieve real benefits.
- Sponsor organisations will have a core of employees with the understanding and buy-in to actively support energy management system development and continual improvement in line with ISO 50001.
- Origins of ISO 50001
- Energy legislation and demonstrating compliance
- Tour through ISO 50001 identifying its key requirements
- Relationship between ISO 14001 and ISO 50001
- Energy policy and its deployment through an EnMS
- Achieving energy savings internally and externally through procurement of goods, works and services
- Practical considerations on planning and implementing ISO 50001
- Obtaining first time ISO 50001 certification
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and workshop exercises. Each participant will receive a set of course notes and, on completion of the course, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses