This course is intended for individuals who have been previously trained to audit management systems against standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
The training will enable participants to carry out effective audits of Energy Management Systems (EnMS) against ISO 50001 audit criteria. Learning will focus on key requirements of ISO 50001 from an audit perspective.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Energy Management System Managers who wish to update their audit skills.
- Energy management specialists and environmental engineers and practitioners who wish to be able to carry out assessments and gap analyses against ISO 50001.
- Procurement managers, energy managers and others whose who wish to be able to audit contractors’ energy performance and their internal programmes to improve performance.
- Management consultants and third party auditors who wish to qualify themselves to carry out audits against ISO 50001.
- Participants will have a clear and practical understanding of how to plan and undertake Energy Management System audits in line with ISO 50001 requirements.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to acquire the resources to perform internal and external audits against ISO 50001 to verify compliance with energy legislation and ISO 50001 requirements.
- Principals and practices of energy management
- The origin and aims of ISO 50001
- Differences between ISO 50001 and ISO 14001
- Energy management policy and its deployment
- Structure of an Energy Management System and the ISO 50001 standard itself
- Auditing against the key requirements of ISO 50001
- Purpose and execution of Energy Reviews
- Assessing key enablers and documentation required by ISO 50001 including:
- Energy Policy
- Energy Baseline(s)
- Energy Objectives and Targets
- Energy Performance Indicators (EnPis)
- Energy Management Action Plans
- Assessing arrangements for monitoring and verifying compliance with the EnMS
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and team-based exercises taking participants through key ISO 50001 requirements in the context of audit. Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes examples of typical audit documentation. A certificate will be awarded following satisfactory completion.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
Terms and conditions for our public courses