This 5-day course covers Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System audit comprehensively and so enables auditors to achieve the highest level of competence. It covers every aspect of 1st party, 2nd party and 3rd party audit against occupational health and safety criteria specified in ISO 45001.
Who should attend
- Individuals who wish to be able to carry out ISO 45001 audits for 3rd party certification bodies.
- Individuals who seek a broad, in-depth understanding of best-practice OH&S Management System audit skills.
- Quality Managers who require a practical familiarisation with ISO 45001 and the ability to carry out OH&SMS or combined QMS and OH&SMS audits.
- Individuals who may be required to carry out health and safety audits of suppliers and contractors for a customer.
- Participants will be able to perform audits that help to improve the effectiveness of health and controls within their own organisations that those of their contractors.
- Organisations will have auditors who can assist their transition from ISO 45001 to ISO 14001 certification.
- Health and Safety management principles
- Role and nature of nature of an OH&S Management System
- Aim and structure of the ISO 45001
- Detailed review of ISO 45001 requirements
- Key differences between ISO 45001 and OHAS 18001.
- Identifying hazards and assessing risks
- Monitoring and improving OH&S performance
- Determining legal and regulatory compliance
- Practical controls for health and safety
- Planning and preparing for an OH&S Management System audit
- Performing an audit
- Writing nonconformity statements and observations
- Reporting audit findings
- Verifying corrective and preventive action
- Managing the audit programme to deliver maximum benefits for health and safety
This 5-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, a case study and practical exercises that simulate real audit situations in a highly motivating learning environment. When delivered in-house, exercises focus on the organisation’s business activities and safety issues. Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual and, following successful completion, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses