ISO 45001 requires organisations to audit their Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System and to use audit results to continually improve it. Training gives guidance on establishing a successful internal audit programme and provides skills to carry out every stage of the audit process effectively.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Health and Safety Management System Managers who seek key audit skills for this important role.
- Employees who will be carrying internal audits. No previous audit experience is required.
- Non-auditors who want to understand audit and its benefits.
This should also be seen as a first step in training for those who may, in the future, carry out health and safety audits of suppliers and contractors.
If participants require detailed understanding of ISO 45001 requirements, they are recommended to complete our ISO 45001 Foundation Course.
- Participants will be able to perform internal OH&S Management System audits effectively and confidently.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to establish an audit programme which will help to eliminate or minimise health and safety risks.
- Role and nature of nature of an OH&S Management System (SMS)
- Aim and structure of the ISO 45001
- Key requirements of ISO 45001
- Purpose and nature of OH&S Management System audit
- Establishing an internal audit programme
- Auditing for compliance and for improvement
- Selecting and training OH&S Management System auditors
- Planning and preparing for an audit
- Performing an audit investigation
- Reporting nonconformities and observations
- Verifying corrective and preventive action
- Using audit reports to sustain continual improvement
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and team-based exercises taking participants through every step of the audit process. Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes examples of typical audit documentation and, following successful completion, a certificate.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
Terms and conditions for our public courses