Modern businesses face many challenges, not least to avoid litigation and adverse publicity arising from breaches of health and safety regulations. ISO 45001 provides a systematic means of ensuring that an organisation lives up to the aims stated in its health and safety policy and meets all of its health and safety obligations.
This 2-day course takes participants step by step through a process of developing an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System to improve health and safety performance and achieve ISO 45001 certification.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Health & Safety System Managers and others who may have an active role in leading their organisation or site towards achieving ISO 45001 certification.
- Health and safety specialists who wish to have a practical understanding of the benefits of a process-based management system to meet health and safety requirements.
- Managers and supervisors who wish to understand the requirements of ISO 45001 in order to support the development of health and safety procedures and practices in their areas.
- Participants will have a clear and practical understanding of how to plan and undertake OH&S Management System development in line with ISO 45001 requirements.
- Sponsor organisations will learn a modern approach to management system development which not only enables certification to ISO 45001, but also makes continual improvement easier and surer.
- Modern view of a process-based management system
- Purpose and structure of ISO 45001
- Interpreting ISO 45001 requirements for your organisation
- Identifying relevant health and safety legal requirements and verifying compliance
- Identifying health and safety hazards and evaluating risks
- Developing health and safety controls appropriate to your business
- Developing a Health and Safety Improvement Programme
- Integrating QHSE controls and the benefits
- Developing and using an ISO 45001 Action Plan
- Internal audits and management reviews
- Certification and how to make it work for your business
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and practical exercises. Each participant will receive a course manual and, following successful completion, a certificate.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
£TBD + VAT + VAT
£740 + VAT
Terms and conditions for our public courses