ISO 45001 has been developed to meet a worldwide demand for a standard which provides a model for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System. Certification bodies audit against the requirements ISO 45001 and many organisations now require their suppliers and contractors to demonstrate compliance with it. This 1-day course provides clear explanation of ISO 45001 requirements.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Health & Safety System Managers and others who want a clear insight into ISO 45001 and what implementing it in their organisation would involve.
- Managers who wish to understand the requirements of ISO 45001 in order to be better prepared to receive internal and external audits.
- Individuals who want a familiarisation with ISO 45001 as preparation for skills-based courses for OH&S Management System development or auditing.
No previous knowledge of ISO 45001 is assumed.
- Participants will have a clear appreciation of what ISO 45001 is and how it can be used by their organisation to achieve real benefits.
- Sponsor organisations will have a core of employees with the understanding and incentive to actively support management system development and continual improvement.
- Aim, structure and scope of ISO 45001
- Purpose and main application for ISO 45001
- Structure of ISO 45001 and the rationale behind it
- Tour through ISO 45001 identifying its key requirements
- Benefits of implementing ISO 45001
- Potential pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Obtaining ISO 45001 certification
- Relationship between the ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards
- Integrating your OH&S Management System with other management systems
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and short exercises. Each participant will receive a course manual and, following successful completion, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses