ISO 31000 has established itself as the global “umbrella” standard for risk management. The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) has identified about 60 standards referring to risk management. Some of these standards have been aligned and others are being aligned with ISO 31000. They include ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22301, ISO 27001 and ISO 55001.
ISO 31000 (with the associated Annex SL) provides welcome clarity and uniformity in risk management terminology, principles and process. It is applicable to any type of risk and is being implemented by public and private sector organisations of all kinds worldwide.
This 1 day course explains ISO 31000 in clear, practical terms how it can be applied as an integral part of management systems to increase confidence in the decision making process and, ultimately, to make better decisions.
Who should attend
- Line managers and project managers who are looking for non-onerous, systematic means of improving decision making by them and their delegates.
- Managers with overall responsibility for management systems.
- Corporate governance, business risk and business continuity managers.
- Product, project, programme and service planners.
- Asset managers and security managers (including information security).
- Auditors who will be auditing against ISO management system standards.
- Participants will be able to interpret ISO 31000 in order that it may be applied effectively within their organisation and areas of operation.
- Through this training, Management System Managers will be able help departments to adopt the systematic approach to risk management required by modern standards such as ISO 9001:2015 etc.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to explore means of bringing the many different ways in which risk is defined, identified, assessed and managed under one umbrella for the benefit of the organisation and its stakeholders.
- The origins and purpose of ISO 31000
- Nature of risk in your organisation
- Fundamental concepts in risk management
- Principles of risk management
- Framework for risk management
- Using the Framework as a benchmark to assess current risk management methods and processes
- Structured approach to assessing risk with examples of risk assessment methods
- Determining and applying appropriate treatment of assessed risks
- Defining and documenting your process(es) for managing risk
- Determining what to record and how to make best use of risk-related information
- Risk monitoring, reviewing and reporting arrangements
- Using ISO 31000 to facilitate implementation of the latest ISO management system standards
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, examples and team-based exercises. The learning environment is designed to be stimulating and enjoyable. Each participant will receive a set of course notes and, on completion of the course, a certificate.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
£375 + VAT
£375 + VAT
£375 + VAT
Terms and conditions for our public courses