ISO/IEC 27001 provides organisations with a systematic means of developing and implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS). Increasingly, customers and investors are expecting their suppliers and potential suppliers to have ISO 27001 certification. They are doing so because they want sound assurance of suppliers’ ability to prevent and, if necessary, quickly recover from breaches in information security.
This course provides understanding of ISO 27001 requirements and how they can be met.
Who should attend
- Persons have been appointed to co-ordinate ISO 27001 implementation and need to know what needs to be done to make it successful.
- IT managers and other IT professionals who wish to understand how an ISMS based on ISO 27001 can provide a comprehensive solution to information security.
- Data managers and document controllers
- Risk managers and risk owners.
- Other individuals who will be involved in developing elements of the ISMS within their own areas.
- All participants will have a clear appreciation of what ISO 27001 is and how it can be used by their organisation to achieve real benefits.
- Sponsor organisations will have a core of employees with the understanding and motivation to actively support ISMS development and achieve the corporate goal of ISO 27001 certification.
- Origins and purpose of ISO 27001
- Tour through ISO 27001 explaining its key requirements
- Relationship between ISO 27001, ISO 22301 and other relevant standards
- Identifying, analysing and treating risks
- Key elements of information security planning and the Statement of Applicability
- Making the ISMS fit the business
- Control objectives and controls
- Role of employees, contractors and others within the ISMS
- Integrating information security management within the business
- Practical considerations on planning and implementing ISO 27001
- Obtaining first time ISO 27001 certification
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and workshop exercises. Each participant will receive a set of course notes and, on completion of the course, a certificate.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
Terms and conditions for our public courses