ISO 22301:2013 provides organisations with a systematic means of developing and implementing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). Increasingly, customers and government departments are expecting their suppliers and potential suppliers of goods, works and services to have ISO 22301 certification. They are doing so because they want sound assurance of suppliers’ ability to prevent and, if necessary, quickly recover from disruptions to their business.
This course provides understanding of ISO 22301 requirements and how they can be met.
Who should attend
- Persons who have been appointed to co-ordinate ISO 22301 implementation and wish to know what needs to be done to succeed.
- IT professionals who wish to improve their understanding of how a BCMS based on ISO 22301 can address a whole range of risks including those which relate to IT and information security .
- Individuals who will be involved in developing appropriate business continuity strategy, objectives, action plans, programmes and procedures to meet ISO 22301 requirements within their own areas.
- All participants will have a clear appreciation of what ISO 22301 is and how it can be used by their organisation to achieve real benefits.
- Sponsor organisations will have a core of employees with the understanding and motivation to actively support BCMS development and achieve the corporate goal of ISO 22301 certification.
- Origins and purpose of ISO 22301
- Threats to business continuity and typically how they originate
- Tour through ISO 22301 explaining its key requirements
- Relationship between ISO 22301, ISO 27001 and other relevant standards
- Identifying, analysing and treating risks
- Key elements of business continuity planning and the Business Continuity Plan
- Recovery strategy and reputation management
- Role of employees, contractors and others within the BCMS
- Integrating business continuity management within the business
- Practical considerations on planning and implementing ISO 22301
- Obtaining first time ISO 22301 certification
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and workshop exercises. Each participant who fully completes the course will receive course notes and a certificate.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
Terms and conditions for our public courses