ISO 14001:2015 requires organisations to audit their Environmental Management System (EMS) and to use audit to continually improve it. Internal audit should be more than a super-checking activity. It should identify areas of significant environmental risk and focus attention on eliminating them. This 2-day course gives guidance on establishing a successful internal EMS audit programme and provides skills to carry out every stage of the audit process effectively.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed EMS Managers who seek key audit skills for this important role.
- Employees who will be carrying internal EMS audits. No previous audit experience is required.
- Non-auditors who want to understand audit and its benefits.
This should also be seen as a first step in training for those who may, in the future, carry out environmental audits of suppliers and contractors.
If participants require detailed understanding of ISO 14001:2015 requirements, they are recommended to complete our ISO 14001:2015 Foundation Training Course.
- Participants will be able to perform internal EMS audits effectively and confidently.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to establish an audit programme which will help to eliminate or minimise environmental risks.
- Role and nature of nature of an EMS
- Aim and structure of the ISO 14001:2015
- Key requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Purpose and nature of EMS audit
- Establishing an EMS audit programme
- Auditing for compliance and for improvement
- Selecting and training EMS auditors
- Planning and preparing for an audit
- Performing an audit investigation
- Reporting nonconformities and observations
- Verifying corrective and preventive action
- Using audit reports to sustain continual improvement
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and team-based exercises taking participants through every step of the audit process. Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes examples of typical audit documentation. A certificate will be issued following successful completion of the course.
Terms and conditions for our public courses