ISO 14001:2015 provides a model of an Environmental Management System (EMS) which is applicable to every size and type of organisation. Many organisations find that they must achieve ISO 14001 certification in order to compete in domestic and global markets. Some realise that ISO 14001 also offers a means of reducing costs and improving the environment as well as their corporate image. Whatever the reasons for implementing ISO 14001, the actual benefits will be determined by how the organisation goes about the task.
This 2-day course takes participants step by step through a process of developing an EMS to improve environmental performance and achieve ISO 14001:2015 certification.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Environmental System Managers and others who may have an active role in leading their organisation or site towards achieving ISO 14001:2015 certification.
- Environmental specialists who wish to have a practical understanding of the benefits of a process-based management system to meet environmental management requirements.
- Managers and supervisors who wish to understand the requirements of ISO 14001 in order to support the development of environmental management procedures and practices in their areas.
- Participants will have a clear and practical understanding of how to plan and undertake Environmental Management System development in line with ISO 14001:2015 requirements
- Sponsor organisations will learn a modern approach to management system develop which not only enables certification to ISO 14001:2015, but also makes continual improvement easier and surer.
- Modern view of a process-based management system
- Purpose and structure of ISO 14001:2015
- Interpreting ISO 14001:2015 requirements for your organisation
- Identifying relevant environmental legal requirements and verifying compliance
- Identifying environmental aspects and evaluating their impacts
- Developing environmental controls appropriate to your business
- Developing an Environmental Improvement Programme
- Integrating QHSE controls and the benefits
- Developing and using an ISO 14001 Action Plan
- Planning and conduction internal audits and management reviews
- Certification and how to make it work for your business
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and practical exercises. Each participant will receive a course manual and, following successful completion, a certificate.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
Terms and conditions for our public courses