ISO 14001 has been developed to meet a worldwide demand for a standard which provides a model for an Environmental Management System (EMS). Certification bodies audit against the requirements ISO 14001 and many organisations now require their suppliers and contractors to demonstrate compliance with it.
This 1-day course provides a clear explanation of ISO 14001:2015 requirements.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed EMS Managers and others who want a clear insight into ISO 14001:2015 and what implementing it in their organisation would involve.
- Managers who wish to understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 in order to be better prepared to receive internal and external audits.
- Individuals who want a familiarisation with ISO 14001:2015 as preparation for skills-based courses for EMS development or auditing.
- No previous knowledge of ISO 14001 is assumed.
- Participants will have a clear appreciation of what ISO 14001 is and how it can be used by their organisation to achieve real benefits.
- Sponsor organisations will have a core of employees with the understanding and incentive to actively support EMS development and continual improvement.
- Aim, structure and scope of ISO 14001:2015
- Purpose and main application for ISO 14001
- Structure of ISO 14001:2015 and the rationale behind it
- Tour through ISO 14001:2015 identifying its key requirements
- Benefits of implementing ISO 14001:2015
- Potential pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Obtaining ISO 14001:2015 certification
- Relationship between the ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 9001 standards
- Integrating your EMS with other management systems
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and short exercises. Each participant will receive a course manual and, following successful completion, a certificate.
Public Course Locations and Dates
Select your preferred course and complete the booking form, or just call us on 01722 741281.
Terms and conditions for our public courses