Quality Function Deployment (QFD) is a cross-functional team approach to developing new products or services and for improving existing ones. In effect, QFD is a planning tool which provides a structured means of identifying customer requirements and feeding this information through all stages of product design or service development through to delivery to the market.
This 1-day course explains the role of QFD in manufacturing and service organisations. It then provides participants with a step-by-step approach to constructing the House of Quality and interpreting the results.
Who should attend
- Managers and supervisors of any process from marketing through to product or service delivery.
- Quality managers and quality practitioners.
- Improvement team leaders and improvement team members.
- Participants will be able to understand and apply QFD to improve their products, services and processes.
- Sponsor organisations will be able maintain customer focus and ensure effective teamwork between marketing, sales, design/development and manufacturing or service delivery. Significant quality cost reductions can be expected as a result of faster cycle times to market, fewer changes and enhanced customer satisfaction.
- What is Quality Function Deployment?
- Overview of the QFD model and its benefits
- Identifying customers
- Evaluating customer requirements
- Identifying key characteristics of products and services
- Simple matrix comparison models
- Building the House of Quality diagram
- Evaluating relationships
- Using information from benchmarking
- Adapting the QFD model for other uses
- How to ensure successful use of QFD
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, examples and team-based exercises. Each participant who completes the course will receive a set of course notes and a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses