Organisations waste very large amounts of time and money dealing with failures in products, services and processes after they occur. Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a powerful tool that identifies potential for failure and systematically prevents it.
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and practical exercises which cover every step in the FMEA methodology. This learning-by-doing approach ensures that the training is effective and enjoyable.
Who should attend
Any professional who wishes to develop a portfolio of practical, improvement skills will benefit.
The course is particularly appropriate for:
- Product developers, focussed on new product introduction strategies and “time-to-market”.
- Design engineers who wish to improve customer definition and manufacturing feedback.
- Quality engineers and reliability engineers.
- Process engineers involved in developing the manufacturing control plan.
- Auditors who wish to be able to perform audits on FMEA work internally or in contractors’ companies.
- Participants will have a basic, practical understanding of FMEA and how to apply it.
- Sponsor organisations will enhance their ability to improve customer satisfaction, reduce product reliability risks and reduce costs that would arise from product failure.
- Purpose of FMEA
- Types of FMEA including DFMEA, PFMEA, SFMEA and FMECA
- When to conduct FMEA
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Step by step through the FMEA process
- Using the FMEA form
- Constituting and managing the FMEA Team
- How to avoid common pitfalls with FMEA
- Deploying FMEA effectively in your company
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, examples and team-based exercises. Each participant will receive a set of course notes and a certificate of attendance.
Terms and conditions for our public courses