This 1-day course provides participants with a systematic approach for identifying health and safety hazards and assessing and evaluating the associated risks. This is fundamental to planning effective controls required by ISO 45001.
Who should attend
- Health and Safety System Managers who wish to establish practicable and effective procedures for assessing health and safety risks.
- Individuals who will be required to assess health and safety risks.
- Risk Managers who wish to include health and safety risk within their organisation’s overall strategy for managing risk.
- Auditors of Health and Safety Management Systems who wish to have a clear understanding of good practice for assessing and managing health and safety risks.
- Participants will understand and apply sound methods for assessing health and safety risks by area and by activities.
- Sponsor organisations will acquire a core of people able to identify health and safety hazards and contribute towards development of measures that prevent ill health and accidents in the work place.
- Legal and other requirements for managing risk
- ISO 45001 requirements for assessing risk
- Identifying health and safety hazards
- Evaluating health and safety risk
- Practical methods for evaluating health and safety risks and their relative merits
- Strategies for managing health and safety risks
- Planning and implementing controls that reduce risk
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and exercises. Each participant will receive a course manual and, following successful completion, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses