Once implemented, an Integrated Management System (IMS) offers real advantages in terms of: reduced documentation, ease and speed of making improvements and other cost-reducing benefits. One of the potential benefits is a more efficient internal audit programme. Third party certification bodies are beginning to offer cost-benefits to their clients by performing IMS audits against several ISO management system standards during the same audit visit. Increasingly, customer auditors will need to be able to audit the IMS of their suppliers against a range of quality, safety and environmental criteria.
This 3-day course is for auditors and non-auditors who wish be able to audit an IMS in the most efficient and value-adding way.
Who should attend
- QMS auditors we wish to be able to audit an IMS against ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 criteria .
- SMS auditors we wish to be able to audit an IMS against ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 criteria .
- EMS auditors we wish to be able to audit an IMS against ISO 45001 and ISO 9001 criteria .
- Professionals with no prior auditor training who wish to be able to audit an IMS against all three standards.
- Participants will have increased the scope, value and future opportunities as auditors.
- Sponsor organisations will have employees who are able to perform internal audits of the IMS more cost-effectively and also able, if required, to perform QHS audits on contractors and other suppliers.
- What is an integrated management system?
- Key similarities and differences between ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- International guidelines for audit
- Essential IMS knowledge and skills
- The audit process configured for IMS audits
- Establishing an IMS audit programme based on risk
- Planning and preparing for an IMS audit
- Performing an IMS audit
- Determining compliance with requirements
- Identifying opportunities for improvement which add real value
- Producing IMS audit reports and monitoring improvement actions
- Providing audit information as input to IMS reviews
- Managing integrated audits from certification bodies
This 3-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and practical exercises. Each participant who fully completes the course will receive a course manual and a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses