AS9100:2016 Rev D requires organisations to audit their Aerospace Quality Management System (AQMS) in order to verify conformance with AS9100:2016 requirements and their internally set AQMS requirements. Audit is also seen as one of the most effective tools for managing risk and initiating continual improvement.
This 2-day course gives guidance on establishing a successful internal audit programme and shows how to carry out every stage of an audit effectively. It teaches audit of an AQMS in accordance with best practice.
Attendees are advised to complete the AS9100:2016 Foundation Training Course before attending this course.
Who should attend
- Newly appointed Aerospace Quality Management System Managers who seek key skills for this important role.
- Employees who will be carrying internal audits. No previous audit experience is required.
- Non-auditors who want to understand audit and its benefits.
This should also be seen as a first step in training for those who may, in the future, audit suppliers or be required to perform safety or environmental audits.
- Participants will be able to perform internal audits effectively and confidently.
- Sponsor organisations will be able to establish an audit programme which will help to minimise risk and reduce avoidable costs.
- Successful completion of the course will satisfy a key training requirement for becoming an IRCA-certified Internal QMS Auditor.
- Aerospace Quality Management Systems and the need for audit
- The PDCA cycle and its relevance to QMS and internal audit
- Establishing an audit programme
- Selecting and training internal auditors
- Planning an audit
- Performing an audit
- Reporting audit findings
- Verifying corrective action
- Dealing with difficult audit situations
- Auditing for improvement
- Dealing with nonconformities against AS9100:2016 Rev D
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and team-based exercises taking participants through every step of the audit process. Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes examples of typical audit documentation.
Terms and conditions for our public courses