AS EN JISQ 9100:2016 Rev D transition and certification by September 2018 is a vital objective of all organisations that are currently certified to AS9100 Rev C. It has a new structure and several significant new requirements. Organisations will find some of the changes challenging. However, if understood and implemented well, the new standard should prove highly beneficial to organisational performance and to business sustainability.
This course comprises a series of interactive tutorials and workshops which describes the changes specified in the AS9100:2016 Rev D. It explains the reasons for them and considers their likely impact on Aerospace Quality Management System (AQMS) design, implementation, auditing and certification.
Who should attend
Anyone whose role requires them to have an understanding of AS9100:2016 Rev D, including:
- Senior managers of all functions within an existing AQMS.
- Managers with direct responsibility for co-ordinating QMS development and implementation.
- Persons with assigned responsibility for risk assessment and risk management.
- Quality practitioners who will need to understand the new AS9100:2016 Rev D requirements.
- Internal and external AQMS auditors who may be required to audit against AS9100:2016 Rev D.
The content is relevant to organisation that have AS9100:2009 Rev C certification and to those that are in the process of seeking AS9100:2016 Rev D certification.
- Participants will be able to inform others about the changes that AS9100:2016 Rev D will bring.
- Sponsor organisations will know what must do to ensure successful transition to AS9100:2016 Rev D
- The ISO standards review process
- Reasons for the changes to AS9100:2016 Rev D
- Annex SL and the new structure
- The key changes
- New terms and definitions in AS9100:2016 Rev D
- What the changes will mean for organisations and senior management in particular
- The intended benefits
- The route and timescale to AS9100:2016 Rev D certification
- What should be done to prepare for the changes
This 1-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, examples and team-based exercises. Each will receive a set of course notes and, on successful completion, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses