ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 27001, ISO 22301, ISO 55001, ISO 50001 and every other management system standard specify key requirements for internal auditing.
A robust and effective internal audit programme is essential for maintaining a healthy management system. Certification auditors and regulators will examine this area with keen interest.We are happy to work with management system managers, as required, to:
- discuss alternative audit strategies and help decide the best one for your organisation
- set up a complete internal audit programme for a new management system.
- train employees to carry out internal audits (see Training).
- provide one of our highly experienced auditors to lead internal audits and mentor recently trained internal auditors or auditors who have not audited for a long time. We call it “hand holding”. It boosts their self confidence and enables high-grade audit reports to be produced from the outset.
- manage the corrective and preventive actions which arise from audits more efficiently to deliver real benefits.
- revitalise an internal audit programme which, for whatever reason, has lost its way or has not been delivering significant benefits.