This course is for auditors who need or wish to upgrade their audit knowledge and skills in order to conduct audits effectively against ISO 14001:2015.
Recognising the expectations of auditor participants, the training involves a blend of theory sessions, discussions and exercises to maximise learning and enjoyment. It covers key differences between ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 14001:2004 and focuses on what auditors must do additionally and differently.
Who should attend
- Persons who have completed an IRCA-registered EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Course and wish to audit against ISO 14001:2015 criteria.
- Persons who have completed an IRCA-registered Internal EMS Auditor Course and wish to audit against ISO 14001:2015 criteria.
This course has been designed fully in accordance with the training criteria in the IRCA specification for the IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Transition Course. If you wish receive it as an IRCA certified course, please contact us.
The ability to perform audits against ISO 14001:2015 criteria, including those which demand an upgrade of audit approach and skills.
- Purpose and use of Annex SL
- The framework for a generic management system standard as applied to ISO 14001:2015
- New and revised terminology
- Relationship between internal and external issues, risks , opportunities and the processes within the management system
- Defining the context of an organisation
- Adoption of the process approach and how to audit to verify its implementation and effectiveness
- Requirements for leadership and how to audit top management
- Planning, support and operation requirements and how to audit them
- New and modified requirements in ISO 14001:2015 and how to audit them
- Where and how the audit approach needs to be modified to audit certain elements
- Impact of ISO 14001:2015 on organisations, auditors and certification
This 2-day course comprises a series of interactive tutorials, discussions and short exercises. Each participant will receive a course manual and, on successful completion, a certificate.
Terms and conditions for our public courses